Web marketing is also known as internet marketing, e-marketing, online marketing, digital marketing and search marketing. This type of marketing basically uses the internet but it also markets through emails, and wireless media. It has 3 different types namely the Pay per Click/Impression or PPC/I, SEO or Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing.
Why use web marketing?
Some people may not be able to get the idea on why they should have a website or make a website for their business and start doing web marketing. These people might think that it is not effective and using the traditional methods of marketing is still the best. But, web marketing has also its advantages that can convince you to use it. These are the reasons on why you should use web marketing:
- Free or low cost: Advertising on newspapers, TV and radio as we know is very expensive, web marketing is not. You can reach your targeted audience with the web for free or for a low cost. So, you do not have to have a big sum of money to let people know that you exist.
- Can sell anything: Because you can reach a wide targeted audience, in web marketing you can sell anything under the sun. There are millions of people around the internet and these people have different needs, they might be looking for this and that and anything usual or unusual. So, even if your product is weird, you still have great chances to have a buyer.
- No hassle paying: There are web marketing tools that you can use so that you can be paid online. You do not have to meet a certain person to pay for the goods that he bought from you, because he can do it anywhere and anytime through the internet.
- Manageable: Even if you are new to web marketing, you wouldn’t have a hard time managing your website because there are a lot of web marketing tools that can make management easy. There are also a lot of resources for web marketing strategies that are available for free around the internet. So, if you are having problems with this and that on your website, you can just research for the answers around the internet.
- Measurable statistics: In online marketing, you can be able to check if the web marketing strategies you did was effective or not. There are tools that can check and monitor if your website content is good or not and what it is appeal to the audience, so you can have an idea if it is good or not and you can change it if it is not good.